Dave Adams-RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Dave Adams-RIP

Post by Gillespie »

Dave left us this morning after a brief illness due to a fall. He will be very missed around here! Condolences to his family, he was a good man. Arrangements to follow.
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

WOW...That is a shock. So sorry for the loss.
Sharolyn Hunter
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Dave, Seamus and I had lots of interesting chats over the years. Leaving after our last one a couple of weeks ago I left with a very strange feeling, almost sad even though we had an upbeat chat. He was a good mate and friend to many. He will be missed but with fond memories by all those who knew Dave.
Fare well with gentle winds and favorable seas.
Skull&CrossBones
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Dave and I met in 1963 at St. Monica's Church in Kalamazoo where we attended catechism together; we were 9 years old at the time. He became a friend from that moment on. One day in the summer of 1970 when I was walking down a road here on the island, I bumped into him, neither of us not knowing that the other's parents also had a cottage here. We had some good times, both here and downstate over the past years.

He truly loved his daughters and grandchildren and will be very sorely missed.

Rest In Peace, old pal.

Phil
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Dave was a good neighbor. I'll miss seeing him and Seamus on my walks with our dog MacMyllin. I know he will be missed by many.
Kirk
joddy

Post by joddy »

to Abby ~ Joanie ~ and Emma the Croswhite's all send their love to you!1 The three of you have forever been a part of our family!!
Our prayers and ALL OF OUR LOVE are with you!
Love Beth, Stryder, Saygan and joddy
duffer

odd

Post by duffer »

odd to be even talking about this,,,, he came buy a few days before this we even chatted about it, i don't think he even expected the out come, ill miss my friend and ill say a good gentleman always knows when to say good by, you will be missed my friend!
duffy
becca foli

Rest in peace Dave

Post by becca foli »

My husband and I met Seamus first, then along came Dave in his red truck looking for him. We were new to the island and Dave was one of the first to welcome us to the neighborhood. I would ride my bike past his house every morning and ring my bell for a morning greeting. I looked in on Dave a few times and brought him cookies/soup/bread...hoping to fatten him up a bit. He always invited me in and we had wonderful visits. I grew up in Kalamazoo and we were able to connect over that. He talked about his daughters, grand children, life on the island, and whatever was on TV. He was delightful, interesting, feisty, quick witted, warm and just so down to earth. I will truly miss him. I am sorry for your loss.
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Dave's untimely passing is a great loss to his family and this community. We send our deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
McGrass
Dave D

Dave Adams-RIP

Post by Dave D »

Our heartfelt condolences to the Adam's family on Dave's passing. We have many fond memories of Dave. Delivering veggies from his garden, watching his kids and their friends swim at Donegal Bay, or just
stopping by to say hi. A really good man and neighbor. We will surely miss him.
Sincerely,
Dave and Barb DeRosia
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

From Abbie Adams Hart:

We will be celebrating the life of David Adams on Beaver Island with a visitation at Holy Cross Church on Friday November 11th from 5-7pm and a funeral service on Saturday November 12th at 11am.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Abbie, Joanie and Emma,
My heart breaks for you all. Your dad was a wonderful man, a hard worker (He helped build our home), a great person. He will be missed by us and all of the island. Just this spring, he bought enough wood from us for two years! He was definitely planning for a long future. But God had other plans for him. Know this... he joins many other great island folks, he is now pain free and is visiting with many old friends and family. He will constantly shower you with his love from above. With our sympathy and tears.

Mark, Jacque and Dan LaFreniere