Running for Peaine Township Supervisor

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tilly

Running for Peaine Township Supervisor

Post by Tilly »

My name is Doug Tilly and I am running for Peaine Township Supervisor on November 8th. I have been actively involved with the Beaver Island community for over three decades. During that time I have worked effectively with the Department of Natural Resources and successfully completed improvements for recreation projects and trails around the island. I have been a member or chaired the Planning Commission for 20 years and acted as the Island's Zoning Administrator for four years.

I am asking for you to consider voting for me as Peaine Township Supervisor on November 8th. I promise to pay attention to township business and listen to taxpayers' concerns as they affect life on Beaver Island. If you wish to vote for me, this is what you need to do: Fill in the circle under the Supervisor position and clearly write my name, Doug Tilly. If you have questions, call me at 448-2024. Thanks.
Snowmoon

Post by Snowmoon »

Bump!
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

I wish you good luck.
Snowmoon

Post by Snowmoon »

Bump
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

A good person who will make a great administrator in getting important things done for all of Beaver Island.
Kirk
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

I agree
Tilly

Supervisor

Post by Tilly »

Thank you to all who have met with me and offered your suggestions for improvements of various services and relationships in Peaine Township. I look forward to working with you. Please consider me on November 8th for Peaine Township Supervisor.

Be sure to get out and vote for your choice of Supervisors.
Doug
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

Go Doug Go!
Snowmoon

Post by Snowmoon »

Don't be silly, VOTE for Tilly!
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

(snowmoon) I like your motto. Now we need a banner with it on.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

On Tuesday, Peaine Township voters can vote for the same old thing, business as usual or vote for a change that will bring about action, administration and accountability. A vote for Doug Tilly. Over the past two years the EMS crisis was ignored and not dealt with for solution. At a meeting this summer, concerned individuals were told the EMS crisis came as a recent and complete surprise. Fortunately, no one bought it.
Vote for action, accountability and administration with the Islanders' safety and best interest in mind. Vote for Doug Tilly. Not for apathy, arrogance and denial.
Kirk
tkludt

Allways another way

Post by tkludt »

With that much dissatisfaction and vitriol, and apparently having all the right answers, one would think you would run for office yourself. Probably still time for another write in candidate. If you're not a resident who wants to postively contribute, there's plenty of for sale signs around and the last boat leaves in a month.
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

A man that takes calls at home , answers questions , replies to emails , and gets his hands dirty.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Hey Tom, be happy Mr. Mcbride isn't stumping for Hillary or dumping on Trump. I agree, he should run for office or just run. BTW, Tilly is a good guy. :-)
Skull&CrossBones
BradG

Post by BradG »

More of the same lost opportunities or a new approach? Don't be silly, Vote for Tilly!

Brad