Make-a-Difference Day

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Michelle LaFreniere

Make-a-Difference Day

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Hey Everyone,
This coming Saturday (October 23rd) is National Make-a-Difference Day. I am trying to organize an effort to do something in our community. My plan is this:
With help from others, I have identified 5 individuals or families who can use some extra help getting ready for winter.
I need 5 teams of people to go to those homes and get the jobs done. I am hoping for 5-7 people per team so as to make light work of the jobs. It may be raking, washing windows, etc. My wish is that entire families as well as individuals will join in the day. It will be an opportunity to do something for others and spend some time with your family and friends.
When the job is done (I am thinking that these jobs will take no more than 2 hours to do at each place) we can meet somewhere for hotdogs and hot cocoa or something.
As of right now, I have very few volunteers, and am desperately looking for more. Please help if you can. Call me at 448-2201 or email me at school michellel@beaverisland.k12.mi.us
Let's 'Make-a-Difference' !!

MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY

Post by guest »

:D What a great idea, I wish I could be there to help. have a great day-bernie miller