A Place to Call Home

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

toontes

A Place to Call Home

Post by toontes »

Hello Beaver Island!

After several years of the hussle AND hassle of city life, my husband and I are searching for a serene environment with a small heartfelt community to call HOME. When our children graduate high school and enter college, we plan to relocate.

We would like to become a part of a community that respects nature, encourages interpersonal relationships, fosters the growth of the youth, comforts those in need and admires individuality.

Our entire adult lives have been spent serving our country and those who have sacrificed for the very freedoms we often take for granted. Service to community is very important to us.

I am a Michigander by birth and have always enjoyed the even temperment of my birth state. My husband is a city-dweller who is ready for a change.

The idea of uncertainty doesn't scare us. We are willing to drop everything and begin an adventure without defined parameters. Our materialistic needs are few, however the occassional U of M, Penn State and Pro-Sports games would be a great benefit!

Can you help us? Does Beaver Island have what we are looking for? Can a small community accept and welcome 2 newcomers? What can we bring to your community...what are you looking for in new residents?
Rich

Post by Rich »

Hi, You should scroll down in the forum and find the postings attributable to Dawn Attruia, that will help you understand Beaver Island. It is remote but comfortable and away from the hassle of the "real world".