RFP BICS Project Manager

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kitty mcnamara

RFP BICS Project Manager

Post by kitty mcnamara »

Districtâ??s Project Manager
Request for Proposal

Beaver Island Community School seeks proposals from individuals to act as the Districtâ??s representative for approximate $3,300,000 in building and site renovations beginning May 2008 and concluding in 2009. Design is underway anticipating to be bid January and February of 2008. This person will report directly to the Superintendent of Beaver Island Community School. The project will be constructed through a general contractor.

Persons who are interested in this position should contact either of the following for a complete RFP:
BICS - Kathleen McNamara kittym@beaverisland.k12.mi.us
ARCHITECT - Brett Kronlein Kronlein.Bret@betadesign.com
TjD

Why did you post this?

Post by TjD »

Why was this posted here on 10/26/07. I received a flyer from BICS:Construction Information Sheet dated 10/16/07 that states you've already narrowed the Project Manager position down to three individuals.

I think its great that you are using the forum to let the community know about posted positions at the school, but, in the future can you post them here before you start the selection process.

I responded to your post here in the manner that you listed and was wondering why I wasn't receiving a complete RFP package. Thanks for the flyer I can quit holding my breath waiting for an RFP package.
kitty mcnamara

Post by kitty mcnamara »

To clarify the mix-up on the date: the Construction Update Flyer had an incorrect publication date -- it should have been dated November 5th. I had completed preliminary work on the flyer in mid-october and on the 5th of November added the new information about the narrowing down of the candidates for the Project Manager. I should have changed the date on the flyer before printing. Sorry for the confusion.