Blueberry fields

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kara wasylewski

Blueberry fields

Post by kara wasylewski »

I was wondering if anyone knew if the blueberry fields marked on the map on Barneys lake road just off kings hwy to the left still exist? If they do, who would I contact to go check them out/share the "bounty"?:)
Kara
kpw
Lynn

Couldn't find it

Post by Lynn »

I took a trip yesterday trying to find the blueberry fields but couldn't get to it as there are not roads nearby. I heard about some blackberry bushes and went there (at the side of the roads near the indian point garden island lookout) and found lots of wild raspberry bushes. Problem is there is a drought so the berries were very tiny and not in abundance. I think it's a bad year for any kind of berry.
kara wasylewski

Post by kara wasylewski »

thanks lynn; I heard from others that they've found it's not a great year for berries either. Hopefully the bushes will be able to conserve energy and be twice as abundant next year. We can hope...:)
kpw