Topics deleted

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Topics deleted

Post by Gillespie »

Well, it is too difficult to try to have a reasoned debate with RBC and others so the topics were deleted. I guess it is wrong to attempt to bring things up for reflection of the good things this country has given to all of us. Happy Easter anyway!!
P Cole

Post by P Cole »

Well, Richie, at least you were in good company with Christ having been persecuted on Good Friday as well! I just want to state for the record that the deleted post(s) were just another classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, and the alleged "deafening silence" was not the result of our "fear of confrontation" with you so much as it was our weary reaction to the tiresome tirades and personal attacks (both public and private) of RBC. What one person believes to be true does not qualify them to speak for the masses as if they are the voice for the silent majority. We all have our own opinions and perceptions, and the mere decision to refrain from the public posting of such is not based upon fear; it's based upon freedom of speech ~ the right to exercise it and the right to reserve it. Whether or not we choose to get involved in any discusion is our decision, and I resent having anyone state or imply that my silence is born out of fear. After all, my wife carries a big gun. :wink: Hope everyone has a GOOD Friday and Happy Easter!

~Paul and Shirley Cole
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Thanks, my intentions, I can assure you were to bring a little light to the ever increasing demands of a minority of people who want to tear at the foundation of this country. I don't really care if the founders were Freemasons or what their secular beliefs were, but at the end of the day they all praised God, their God. As I said in a now deleted post, I am not churchy but I very much believe in a higher being! I do not like to delete topics nor do I feel like I should control it but the one contributor works at a newspaper who control even what he would like to publish. It boggles my mind why those people, instead of moving on to another topic would have to be so militant about these things. Imagine, I was even accused of trying to hurt Andy Rooney! Laughable!! As a moderator of this forum I have decided to post the rules of the forum below once again and whomever breaks them will be deleted and if it continues banned. If you cannot agree or post a reasonable response to something on here, move on. I got drug into the thing and let it go too far. :roll: So here are the rules and they will stick, and again if you do not like something and cannot respond in a civil way, its gone:

The only rules are:
1.) Please be kind and considerate, and keep the forum constructive.
2.) Please either register and/or include your name with your post. We value everyone's right to express their views, but especially in cases where someone else may be negatively impacted by a post or where the lack of a name causes confusion, posts without a name or signature may be deleted.
3.) Please keep the forum clean and appropriate for any age. Posts intended to offend others will be deleted.
Dan Wardlow

too bad they were deleted!

Post by Dan Wardlow »

In the time it took me to dig out my copy of the U.S. Constitution and reflect on the First Amendment, Richie's original post was gone. Ah well. No matter what god or gods our founding fathers (where were our founding mothers?) did or did not respect, they wisely forbade the establishment of a state religion, thus freeing us from that particular tyranny. How prescient; that they could anticipate fundamentalist forms of all religions and so clearly and absolutely state their desire that we all be free of state-imposed mind control!
George Caitlin

Post by George Caitlin »

Dan, it goes a bit farther than that.

Actually, the Founders created a government that was indifferent to religion - citizens could hold any religion, and worship any god, they wanted or (and this is the part overlooked by most strident religious groups) not follow any religion at all if that was their choice.