Physical Therapy Technician

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

hannahconnor39

Physical Therapy Technician

Post by hannahconnor39 »

I specialize in orthopedic and athletic rehab. With seven years of experience I am knowledgable in the treatment of various injuries. I specialize in back, shoulder, and knee pain, as well as knee, shoulder, and wrist pre and post operative rehab. I am trained in therapeutic, deep tissue, and scar massage. If you have seen a therapist and have a treatment plan, but don't feel confident in your form I can help guide you and get you back to your daily life. If you are concerned about safety and ergonomics in your work area I can do a site visit to do an assessment and make suggestions on improvements. I can make home visits and am willing to work with your schedule to ensure the best access to care.

Home Visit Therapy - $20 per hour
-Includes checking blood pressure, therapeutic exercises, targeted massage, form assessment, and documentation for your records and to take back to your health care provider if you desire.

Home Visit Massage Only - $20 30 min, $40 hour, $15 for every additional half hour after first hour
-Whole body or targeted massage. Therapeutic, Deep Tissue, Scar Massage, Psoas release, Plantar Fasciitis/Shin Splints relief.

Site Visit - $15 for duration
-Includes site assessment in all work areas, work place related training (e.g. proper lifting mechanics, office ergonomics), a two week follow up if requested to review improvements.

Back Pain Prevention and Alleviation Class - $5 per person
-20 min discussion on prevention, causes, and treatment options
-40 min guided exercise program with form monitoring to ensure the best benefit is gained from therapy
(May be performed weekly or biweekly depending on need)

For inquiries please call or text 940-882-4711, or email hannahlconnor39@gmail.com.
emy

Post by emy »

Is it only about orthopedic and athletic rehab? Are you qualified for health care assistance? Do you assist aged dying people, sort of PSWs like the kind I found @ (http://www.cestarcollege.com/courses/he ... rt-worker/)? Is it hourly based? What is the usual rate in that case?
hannahconnor39

Post by hannahconnor39 »

PSW would be outside of my scope of care unfortunately. I have done some inpatient care, but not on the level that you are requesting. My skills are primarily physical therapy related.