Welcome our New Chef Joe Gomez

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

VickyF

Welcome our New Chef Joe Gomez

Post by VickyF »

Spring has sprung at the Lodge and we are anticipating the opening of the Restaurant at the Lodge. Please join us in welcoming our new Chef Joseph "Joe" Gomez. Joe was
born and raised in Kansas, and grew up in the hospitality environment of full service restaurants. After nine years of three apprenticeships in Kansas City, Chicago, and New York I embarked on a Chef tenure of over ten years including Santa Fe, New Mexico working in destination kitchens and award winning venues, helping to earn Con de Nast Silver plates, Zagat Awards and a Michelin Star under Italian- French Chef Gabrielle Viti at Carlosâ?? in Highwood, Illinois.
I have opened thirteen restaurants for small business owners and have stayed out of the corporate landscape concentrating on smaller venues which offered more creativity in the menus, and kitchen design.
With all the influences of American regional cuisines I have honed my approach to utilize fresh products, Organics, Non GMO, local sustainable, and Farm to Fork. My range is Global, including French-Mediterranean, Regional South America, Caribbean, Asian and East Indian.
Joe is looking forward to working at the Lodge and meeting all of the summer residents and guests!
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

Wow! Sounds great!