Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids ~ Change in Party Dates??

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

The BICGR meeting last week was productive as we discussed the results of this year's party, and made plans for next year's gathering as well. The Club has decided to keep the party in February for all of the reasons cited in this post. While we predominantly agree that weather is always a concern for travel/safety and attendance purposes, we also feel that come February, most of us are ready for a good party and willing to make the effort despite the weather. The Club also discussed various ideas for donating the proceeds from this year's party, and encourage further suggestions in that arena; we will meet again in May to make final decisions regarding disbursements. Our Chinese auction was a big hit, so we plan to build on that for next year. Anyone with unique ideas or that might be interested in donating and/or participating, please contact me (or any other member of the Club). You can also email us through our website at www.beaverislandclub.com. If you have any pictures of the party (or parties past) that you can upload and send along, that would be great. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to making this event such a big success. Mark youir calendars for February 23, 2008! Hopefully the Boodlers will be available for the night before, as that was a good time too! We've already booked the Hilton again, and will let you know when you can begin making your room reservations. (For table reservations, you will have to be with the band ~ or be a Gatliff). ;) (You know I love you, Marie! Tell your man, however, we can only throw one good party every year! We can't do it every month like he does!!!) Hope everyone enjoys the Great Day this weekend and Happy Pat's to all! Slan'!
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Well... Jerry is very disappointed!!

Since Mary Tom was my aunt, does that mean I can have a reserved table next year? :-k
megsing3

yes.

Post by megsing3 »

That's an even better idea.
And oops for the spelling mistake,...I meant Halloween.