Green Bag photo needed

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BarbaraLucas

Green Bag photo needed

Post by BarbaraLucas »

I produce educational television shows that air on Ann Arbor Community Television Network. We are doing a show about ways to reduce trash, and I'd like to include mention of the "pay-as-you-throw" Green Bag system that we use when we are on Beaver Island. It would be great to have a photo or two of a green bag in use to illustrate the concept. THANKS for considering this request! Barbara Lucas blgreensource@gmail.com
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

How about our famous "Green Bags" Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8RVRcvXOg

Hardware Jeff :mrgreen:
BarbaraLucas

Green Bag photo needed

Post by BarbaraLucas »

Ha ha I LOVE it! Saw it last night when googling, before I wrote this message. Unfortunately, can't use video. I thought of grabbing a screen shot from it, but the scenes of trying to stuff deer and toilets into the bag are just too funny! :lol:
The only shot that might work is the truck bed filled with green bags, but the point in the show is that the green bag system encourages people to throw away less, and a whole truck bed full of bags doesn't get that point across! Better to show one household's bag(s), if possible.
becca foli

Post by becca foli »

I have a blog where I wrote about throwing things away at the transfer station. you might be able to get a picture from there. Doitinthewoods.wordpress.com
BarbaraLucas

All set!

Post by BarbaraLucas »

Thanks Becca for the kind offer. One of those is perfect, and I'll use it along with one sent by Dyanne Tracy. Thanks everyone!
Barbara