Barry Pischner-RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Barry Pischner-RIP

Post by Gillespie »

Barry passed from this world to the next yesterday morning. A very sad day it was. Details of his service will be posted. Fondest farewell and regrets to all of his family and friends.

Barry Pischner, a much loved relative of many on Beaver Island has been dealing with liver cancer for months. Many prayers and good intentions are needed for this wonderful man. His wit, humility and music have meant so much to so many of us through the years! The first I consciously knew of him as a little boy many years ago was when he was here for the May crowning at Holy Cross. Although my first cousin, I didn't realize who he was. He sang Ava Maria which sent chills through my spine and when I think of it today!

Please offer your best prayers and intentions for this good man, thank you!!
Last edited by Gillespie on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joddy

Post by joddy »

Berry's voice is not done whispering through the pines. So my family and i send our deepest wishes of love and prayers of healing to Barry!!! all of our love and prayers Beth, Stryder, Saygan and joddy
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

He leaves a legacy of music, humor and a life well lived behind!
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Jerry and Barry were cousins and friends and we always enjoyed Barry's singing and story telling.

There wasn't a doctor on the Island at the the time my mom was expecting me, so I was born in Charlevoix. Barry was a bit younger than my dad, but would always tell the story of him walking the beach in Charlevoix with my dad while my mom was giving birth to me.

Barry was loved and will be missed by many. My love and prayers to Marylee , the girls and the entire family.
joddy

Post by joddy »

All of my family's love and prayers go out to all of Barry's family and friends!! with deep deep love ~~ Beth, Stryder< Saygan & joddy
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

BI Historical Society

Post by BI Historical Society »

The Beaver Island Historical Society extends condolences to Barry's family and bids a sad farewell to a long time board member and tireless supporter of the Marine Museum. Barry will be greatly missed; he was instrumental in the development of the Marine Museum, in planning, doing, and getting others to give and do. His strong connection to and knowledge of the Island's maritime heritage was a treasure.
Lori Taylor-Blitz, Executive Director
Beaver Island Historical Society
PO Box 263
Beaver Island MI 49782
director@beaverislandhistory.org
Mark

Post by Mark »

Impressive contingent of islanders that made the trip to Grand Rapids today for Barry's funeral. For us mainlanders that get to spend way too little time on the island, it's another example of the intangible allure that makes Beaver so special. Good on y'all.