Plans to improve the 9&10 / Fox 32 TV SkyCam

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Plans to improve the 9&10 / Fox 32 TV SkyCam

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Plans To Improve 9&10 / Fox 32 TV SkyCam View

The Chamber of Commerce will provide the transportation and financial support necessary to improve the 9&10 / Fox 32 SkyCam view of Paradise Bay / Whiskey Point and the Municipal Marina next spring.

SkyCam Link:
http://www.9and10news.com/category/3063 ... ive-skycam

Hi Steve, 11-2-2015

After talking with you the other day, I was able to talk with our camera people and they said extending it another 5 feet is not a problem. The key thing to realize is the potential for shaking but it sounds like you have that covered with the support wires. I know you would love to show the best Beaver Island image and that extra 5 feet would surely help. Iâ??m sure it would look great for summer time viewing. Winter time instead of a quiet bay, we like the downtown view we currently are using. Canâ??t wait to see what new views we can see when you get it moved up 5 feet. Thereâ??s no rush as the current view is perfect for the winter.

Tom Oâ??Hare
Chief Meteorologist | WFQX & WWTV

:D
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Sharolyn

love the clarity

Post by Sharolyn »

This is one of the web cams that we look at almost on a daily bases to get a dose of BI from a far. I have to admit that I would love to see the harbor and not just main street even if there are no boats on the water. Maybe a little sunrise view every now and then. Of course I don't know how difficult it is to change the view so I will take what we get. Thanks for putting it up.
Sharolyn Hunter