*YOGA last 2 weeks* Community Center

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

lmt

*YOGA last 2 weeks* Community Center

Post by lmt »

This will be my last week teaching for the summer (boo), but the wonderful Sue S. will teach two classes the last week of August.

There is still time for you to continue your yoga practice or TRY a yoga class at the beautiful Community Center. We are wrapping up our 6th year of donation yoga at the center, and we would love to have you join us.

No experience needed for any class, just a willingness to be playful and try the postures. Modifications are always offered. If you are saying to yourself "I can't do yoga, I'm not flexible", only your mind needs to be flexible. We can all do yoga; yoga is for every body! If you are an active practitioner you can play with your own variations.

Suggested donation of $10 to the Community Center ~

SCHEDULE:
MONDAY~ BASIC VINYASA (flow) 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. (only 1 hr vs. 75 mins) It is important to be on time for class. Another class follows yoga and leaving promptly is helpful.

We will slowly flow (Vinyasa) from one posture to another. Posture alignment will be explained giving students a greater opportunity to feel comfortable in attending this and other yoga classes,
and more importantly to keep you safe. This class will help energize your whole body.

Great opportunity for any skill level to learn more about the postures & alignment.

WEDNESDAY~ RESTORATIVE YOGA & Alignment~ 9:30 - 10:45 a.m.

Amazing benefits for 'restoring' the body and mind using relaxing seated postures holding for longer periods of time while softening the muscles and encouraging passive stretching to work on the deep, dense connective tissues. With continued practice these postures help bring balance & flexibility to the body. We invite you to take the opportunity to nurture your body, mind, and soul. BRING a small pillow and/or large towel if possible. Two standing postures will begin class focusing on muscle action and alignment.

FRIDAY~ BASIC VINYASA ~ 9:30 - 10:45 a.m.

Start your Friday morning off with a nice easy yoga flow to energize you for your weekend on the island. Same description as Monday.

* Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit- otherwise 10 minutes. We need to start on time~
* Mats, Blocks & Hand Towels available
* No perfumes or scents
* Suggested not to eat or drink ONE hour prior to class (maybe a small coffee)
* Bottled water for sale at the counter or bring your own
* Your entire donation benefits the Community Center
* As with any exercise program if you have medical conditions please consult your physician with questions or approval

Classes are donation based. A donation is the sacred act of giving. There is a suggested donation of $10 a class. Suggested donation means that if you can put $10 in the box, please do. If you are not in a position to do so, contribute what you can. Nobody will be keeping track of individual donations. The $10 dollar donation is not meant as a bottom or a top limitâ?¦ if you are in a position to donate more, it will be greatly appreciated by all who enjoy the Community Center.

FOR SALE: Very fun & affordable yoga/exercise, casual clothing wear available after class or call me.
Shanti [peace]
Lisa
Bradon20

Post by Bradon20 »

Thanks for the details dear! I am also going to learn acupuncture basics in a learning workshop that will be organized by a professional streetsville acupuncture center. After completing my school I would like to take admission in the certification acupuncture course.