Elizabeth (Liz) Niehaus

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

carolburton

Elizabeth (Liz) Niehaus

Post by carolburton »

Elizabeth (Liz) Niehaus, 69, of South Lyon, Michigan left our world to a better place on February 19, 2015. She passed away that evening in the comfort of their home from her short and unexpected battle with cancer.

According to Liz's final wishes, she was cremated and her ashes will be spread on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, one of the places she made her home, later this spring. There will be a memorial service both in South Lyon and on Beaver Island so that Island friends will not have to travel this winter and can join in celebrating her life.

You can leave your own personal well wishes on the Caring Bridge site at www.caringbridge.org. It is a free site and once you sign up search Niehaus. Please post your condolences for PJ and Lizâ??s family, fond memories, fun, inspirational, funny stories, and tributes, to this great woman that has filled our lives in so many ways but was taken from us far too soon.

PJ and Lizâ??s family have been comforted and thank you for the large outpouring of love that has been shown to them over the past few weeks.
I will post further information as plans are made.

â??I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new.

I thought of you yesterday and days before that too.

I think of you in silence as I often speak your name.

All I have are memories and your picture in a frame

Your memory is my keepsake with which I'll never part.

God has you in His keeping. I have you in my heart.â?￾
burton