BIRHC Survey Summary Report

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

CHP

BIRHC Survey Summary Report

Post by CHP »

Below please find a link to a summary report of the 2014 Beaver Island Rural Health Center Community Perception Survey. This one page summary highlights the major findings of the report, which was more than 50 pages.

The BIRHC is committed to using these findings to continue to develop their long term strategic initiatives and strengthen services provided for all residents and visitors.

For questions, you are encouraged to contact me directly at christieperdue1@gmail.com.

Thank you to everyone who participated!

Christie Perdue, CFRE
Project Coordinator

Survey Summary Report: https://infographic.venngage.com/publis ... 65a7ea2663
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

This survey really concerns me and I urge others to take a look. I hope that the BI Rural Heath Center is focusing on this and that they will be putting out some proactive information on what they will be doing to make this better.
burton
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

I would guess that the entire reason they did the survey was to determine what they should work on, Carol. I don't see why they wouldn't be focusing on it after taking the time to send it out.
Kaylyn Jones
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

bump
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Very good "bump" Galen. It calls to the publics' attention that the survey was done 2 years ago which begs the question, what has been done to address the issues? Carol expressed concerns and asked that everyone read it. Kaylyn assured us that the HC would be "focusing" on it or why take the survey.
Does anyone know the answer? Has the HC published any follow up? Is another survey scheduled to compare results?
Lots of questions, little public information.
Kirk
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Please click on the BIRHC Survey link above to assure I am interpreting the information correctly.
Fifty percent, (50%) of year round residents and forty percent, (40%) of seasonal residents responded that when medical care was needed on BI, they chose not to visit Beaver Island Rural Health Center, chose to go somewhere else or chose to go without medical care altogether.
Fast forward to today. Given these facts in the BIRHC Survey, why would any group of individuals now believe it to be in the publics' best interest to have BIRHC become the sole controller and provider of EMS?
Now is the time to pay attention to what is happening, voice your choice, contact your public officials and above all, listen to people who have the facts and have been the heart of EMS since its beginning.
Kirk