Thank You, BI Pirate

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

lindawearn

Thank You, BI Pirate

Post by lindawearn »

Hello Pirate,
The Beaver Island Historical Society thanks you for your membership donation. There is also a copy of the winter newsletter for you....but, no postal service to Whiskey Island. You can "read all about it" when you get to Beaver and pick up a copy at the library.

Thanks again,
Beaver Island Historical Society
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

My pleasure, what's history with pirates? :wink:
I miss my good mate Bill at the helm of BIHS. :(
Skull&CrossBones
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

If others would like to follow in the philanthropic pirate's "footstep" what is the best way to join/donate?
Brendan McCaw
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

Brendan,

Thanks for asking! Just go to beaverislandhistory.org and you can either purchase a membership or make a contribution to our Capital Campaign for the Print Shop improvement and planned, adjacent, Museum of Island Life. You probably know that Bill was so pleased to see progress toward expanding the museum since he and others had been working on it for almost 2 decades.

Another way to contribute is to come to the office when our new Executive Director, Kitty MacNamara, is there. You can make a donation or offer to volunteer.

And again, Thanks for Asking, Brendan!

Barb Rahn, Capital Campaign Committee Member
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

I'm confused by the "Museum of Island Life". Why would you have one building with two different names?
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Marie, I'm not really sure. :?
Skull&CrossBones
Marie LaFreniere

Thanks for the response, BI Pirate. :D But I was hoping to hear from a Capital Campaign Committee Member who would be in the know.
BI Historical Society

Post by BI Historical Society »

Hello Marie â?? just wanted to get some info to you re: the naming of the museum expansion project â??The Museum of Island Lifeâ?? while maintaining the name of the â??Mormon Print Shopâ?? on the original building. The Print Shop will remain (albeit shored up and cleaned up) as a significant part of the whole with the new Museum of Island Life connected to the back of the building via a breezeway. The title â??Print Shopâ?? emphasizes the Mormon period of Beaver Island history while the new title â??Museum of Island Lifeâ?? is more inclusive of the many periods of Beaver Island History and Life. The displays will include natural resources, the Native Americans and other early inhabitants, the Mormons, the Irish and other Immigrants and Modern Island Life. Hope this helps â?? give me a call if you have other questions. Kitty
Lori Taylor-Blitz, Executive Director
Beaver Island Historical Society
PO Box 263
Beaver Island MI 49782
director@beaverislandhistory.org
Marie LaFreniere

Thank you for the information, Kitty. I sent you a reply on FB.