Gerald Lafreniere for school board

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jlafreniere

Gerald Lafreniere for school board

Post by Jlafreniere »

1.Gerald N. LaFreniere 4 Year Term (I will be running as a write-in candidate. .)
2.Full Time Island Resident for 47 years.
3.Spouses Name: Tammy
4.Business/Title/Employment: Robertâ??s John Service (20+ years.)
5.Community Involvement: BI EMS (15 Years), Board Member: BI Rural Health Center (4 Years), Board Member: BI District Library (1 year), United States Army (7 Years

Quality or talent I bring to the boardâ??First and foremostâ??Honesty, common sense and an ability to speak up for what I think is right, even when the topics and discussions get tough.

The biggest challenge I see facing the School Board is that, for the most part, we have a very new board. Most of us have been on the board a very short time and this is going to be even more evident with the election in November. At the same time, we have a principal/superintendent and almost half of our teaching staff that has been with us for only one year or less. We need to work with our community, parents and experienced teaching staff to help provide guidance as we move forward. I am also personally committed to becoming more educated in being a board member and executing those duties with honesty and integrity. I would hope that anyone joining the board would join me in gaining that knowledge. While continuing to move forward and keeping our children academically competitive, we must also not lose sight of the unique culture and experience that is Beaver Island Community School

My goal is to ensure that all of the students at Beaver Island Community School receive a top-notch education while being completely transparent in our interactions with the community and families and fiscally responsible to the taxpayers of Beaver Island, whether they are voting members of this community or not. Being a member of the Board of Education can be tough and it is going to take a team of people who are committed to our students and are committed to providing them the most experienced, well-trained and highly qualified teachers and the best resources than we can afford to offer them.
Gerald Lafreniere
Jlafreniere

Post by Jlafreniere »

If anyone would like a card with write-in information let me know.

e-mail: emtgerald@yahoo.com
ph. 448-2003
cell 231-459-6339
Gerald Lafreniere
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Gerry, Already have you down on my School Board Fantasy Team. :D Good luck to you, go get 'em. :!:
Skull&CrossBones
Jlafreniere

Post by Jlafreniere »

Just a reminder to get out and vote on Tuesday, 4 November 2014.

And thank you for all the support.
Gerald Lafreniere
Jlafreniere

Post by Jlafreniere »

Polls are open lets get out and vote.
Gerald Lafreniere
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Gerry, Call for a recount. :idea: :!: How could the island be off by close to 20 votes. :?: :roll: I still have you on my Fantasy School Board team. 8) Thanks for running and hang in there till you know they got the count right. :x
Skull&CrossBones