A Community Gathering for Remembering Bill Cashman - Tuesday

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jeff

A Community Gathering for Remembering Bill Cashman - Tuesday

Post by Jeff »

I lost my best friend tonight. But even though it will be hard for me, he would not want me or any of his friends to be sad. Therefore, on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. there will be a Community Gathering for Remembering Bill Cashman at the Community Center, a time for friends to gather and share some happy stories and memories.

He will be coming home to the Island Tuesday the 2nd arriving to the Boat Dock around 1:45. We'll proceed from there to the Holy Cross Cemetery where Father Jim will provide a brief service that Bill would have enjoyed. Then at 3:00 there will be a gathering to tell some tales and share some memories and remember all the good times over many years.

Thank you so much to everyone.
Last edited by Jeff on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Cole

Post by Rob Cole »

Jeff, My thoughts are with you and Jo now. Your dad was so proud of you in so many ways, and I know he would be now with what you've written here. I'll see you soon, take care.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Dear Jeff and Joanne,
Please know that we all lost a friend and loved one today. To say that Bill was special would be understating the fact. He was an institution on Beaver Island and it is a better place because of him. I don't think anyone who met Bill would not immediately think of him as a new friend.
May Bill go in peace and the love we had for him and your family comfort you now and in the future.

With deep sorrow, Kirk & Judy
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Thoughts and prayers to all of you!! Bill was a wonderful "keeper of our memories" - he will be sorely missed!!
Treasures

Post by Treasures »

Jeff and Joann,

You both know what a special man Bill was and how much he meant to the Island and its people. Please also know that your are in our hearts as he is.

Jim and Donna Stambaugh
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Jeff

Our thoughts go with you. Bill did so much to give of himself to Beaver Island. He has made our island experience much richer. He is missed.

Jim& Lynne
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
Beaver Island Jewelry

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Jeff and Joanne my prayers are with you. Bill was such a special person and such an advocate for the island and the people.

Since I am off the island until Wednesday I will miss the gathering but I'm sure there will be lots of good stories!

Nancy Peterson
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

My heart goes out to you and your Mom, Jeff, at this sad time. Bill knew, always, how to encourage the best in people. I benefited from that in many ways over the years that I've known him; I'll miss him greatly.
Cindy
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Beaver Island has lost a leader, keeper of our history, mentor, friend, champion and promoter of the best of island life. Bill was patient. He offered his assistance and talents to all for the benefit of this community. Joanne and Jeff, your grief is great and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Pam and Brad