Commissioner Richard Gillespie

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

douglascurtisedgar

Commissioner Richard Gillespie

Post by douglascurtisedgar »

We need to re-elect Richard. There is no just cause to replace a representative who is doing a fine job representing our district.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Thank you Doug. While it is I difficult to toot ones own horn I can say with great pride that the lines of communication go very well with the county board regarding Beaver Island. As I stated before, Kings Highway was going to be put off for another year and would have been so if not for local representation. Although delayed the new county garage/transit/ sheriffs building, sorely needed, is still a reality. One could not be so sure if we lose local representation. I like my job, it is very difficult to do because I have to give up a day where my contemporaries can come in for a meeting and get back to their jobs. It takes a lot of dedication. There is much more going on and my focus is always the best long term interest of citizens and the county. PLEASE VOTE!!!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Pirates for Gillespie ask that you get out and vote for Richie. :D
Skull&CrossBones
CoastieGuy

Post by CoastieGuy »

Well said Pirate. :D
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Thanks Coastie, Turn out will be light so every vote counts. Vote for Richie :!:
Skull&CrossBones
CoastieGuy

Post by CoastieGuy »

When are the polls open on Whiskey Island? :D
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

The polls never close on Whiskey Island, polling place is the pub. We support the serious voter who likes to cast three or four times on election day. :roll: Kind of like Chicago where a voter knows he's dead only by someone else filling out his ballot. :shock: Last count, Flanagan has been in three times already today, a good Chicago man. :wink: Vote for Richie :!:
Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

I appreciate the comments but to clarify, the vote is not for me, it is for WE. Without someone willing to make the argument it cannot be made. That I am willing to take the time because I know it helps the Island and Charlevoix County is a big commitment I made years ago, it really does work but it's for our benefit, not mine. When I go for a meeting its generally an entire day taken, I don't get paid for that, I get paid for the meeting. Just thought I would clarify, thanks to all of you who understand and appreciate it!!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I have often said, "there is no WE in me" but Richie has it right when he says a vote for him is a vote for WE or US :D Get out and vote for BI, WI and US when you fill in the circle next to Richie's proper name. :-) :-) :-) Hope to be breaking out the rum before 9:00p.m. :roll:
Skull&CrossBones