CPL CLASS IN MAY (Concealed Pistol License)

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Daddy Franks Restaurant

CPL CLASS IN MAY (Concealed Pistol License)

Post by Daddy Franks Restaurant »

on May 17, 2014 State Trooper, Jeff Short will be on the Island giving a CPL class. It will be a 8hr class. Cost $110.00. Lunch will be included. If you do not have a pistol, one will be provided for you. must be 21 yrs old or soon to be..
Please contact Kathie Ehinger @ 231-620-5199 or Ben Delamater.
Only have room for 5 more people!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I'm going to have to be careful when I come over to the big island, everyone will be packing heat. :roll:

Skull&CrossBones
Daddy Franks Restaurant

Post by Daddy Franks Restaurant »

We have extended the class size due to the demand. a few had conflicting dates and had to drop. so as of this morning I can take 4 more people.
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

It's interesting to be secure in the fact that there will be island residents who are legally packin' concealed heat in order to protect themselves from...
.... well,... Danger and what exactly that danger on this island is... will be something that will have to be decided amongst themselves, preferably in a civil manner....and it wont be our resident Pirate...':wink:'He being more a moocher than a predator....

...even in old west Dodge City they made the Buckaroos all check their weapons at the door before being allowed into the Bucket of Blood Saloon for a night of drinking, whoring, gambling and fighting...

We non packing citizens should let our Island saloon keepers and restaurant owners be aware that we will be holding them responsible for issues that come of any drunken patrons who are packing concealed heat on a wild Island Friday night.....over the years the fistfights have always been entertaining, but stray bullets will really scare those tourist bystanders
, which of course, would be a Chamber of Commerce nightmare...
" UP NEXT: Angry Beavers... film at eleven!"...right after these messages from your friendly Mackinac Island Visitors Board"
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Dave P.

Post by Dave P. »

Well don't worry too much about that,
a lot of those "tourists" are already armed.

BTW, in Michigan you have to open carry in a bar to be
legal.

Dave
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Bolton, who knew you are so gifted in the written prose? One small spelling correction in your editorial. I am a "smoocher", not a "moocher" unless you consider that I often mooch smooches of which I'm guilty.
Your other points have merit. I might not be the only targeted victim of a possible random shooting envisioned from my paranoia. I do agree with you in the fact that I'm not sure 'packing heat' and 'Pure Michigan' are compatible tourism terms.:roll:

Skull&CrossBones
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Concealed Carry

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

I gave all my hand guns to my sons when I retired. I always thought it was sort of a burden to be forced to carry one around all the time. But fortunately I kept my body armour- Might come in handy!
Jim Campbell
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Dave,
Don't get me wrong... I have weapons (doesn't everybody?)
in my house, sometimes in my camper vehicle when I travel ( not in Mexico or on the island,Travis)
in my office downtown. But not on the streets of my small town, where I live, which has little or no violent crime. Doesn't make safety sense,
but...

21 year olds, practicing "Open Carry" in the Bar....
What could possibly go wrong there?
and those are the ones who are "legal".
and don't we already have Open Season on tourists?

What, Me worried?
-Alfred .E. Newman

and you, Bippie.... you have been married so long, that if you are still mooching smooches, it's not with your wife
:lol:
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I think we might have consensus here. Like Bolton, a good pirate is always armed to the teeth with weapons, both open and concealed. And I like Dave's thinking that we should be allowed to open carry a side arm in the bars just to let those gun toting "tourist" know they can't get the drop on us over here. :wink:
Campbell's idea of body armor ain't bad just in case someone does get the drop on us.

Skull&CrossBones
BMcCaw

CBL (Concealed Blunderbuss License)

Post by BMcCaw »

Does the Michigan statute allow for a blunderbuss?
Brendan McCaw
Tuneman

CPL Class

Post by Tuneman »

We haven't heard where this CPL class is going to take place or what time or anything like that. Does anybody know what is going on? We have been gone for 13 days and just got back on Saturday and we still have not heard anything from anybody as to where and what time to be there.

Thanks
Mike.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

The "blunderbuss" group will be meeting on Whiskey Island at a concealed location and at a concealed time. You should receive more information in a concealed envelope. :?

Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I failed to mention that everyone is to bring an appetizer to pass. I'll provide the rum and we will use the empty bottles as fixed targets. By midafternoon, the targets will appear to be moving thus providing more of a fun challenge.
Brendan McCaw will be bringing his set of gold plated dueling pistols to settle any disputes that one might have with another.
For anyone who wishes to stay over night, we are thinking of plundering Drummond Island the next day. :P

Skull&CrossBones