Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids Party 2006/Need feedback

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Shirley Cole

Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids Party 2006/Need feedback

Post by Shirley Cole »

The 40th Annual Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids Party is scheduled for Saturday night, February 25, 2006, at the Grand Rapids Hilton Hotel on 28th Street. Room rates this year are to be $68. I know there was confusion last year over $65 vs. $69, but that shouldn't happen again. Last year we had almost 300 guests, and this year promises to be even bigger/better than before! We are thinking of offering a buffet dinner prior to the party if there is enough interest. For an additional charge (around ten bucks), we would put out a chicken/pasta dinner with salad and all the sides. We may even have a little live background music during dinner, but are still working out the details. The BICGR plans to improve this year's party by having a larger, sturdier dance floor and larger drink containers. Instead of drink chips, we'll be switching to drink tickets so there will be no long lines, no limit and no bulky pockets! Being the 40th anniversary, we have some other fun things planned, but you'll just have to be there to find out for yourself! Please reply to this post with your thoughts on the buffet dinner as our decision will rest with the response received. Thanks again for your interest and support! Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! \:D/
Linda

GR party

Post by Linda »

I'm in favor of having a dinner buffet prior to the Grand Rapids party. It would save time instead of going out to eat and taking your chances on getting served in a timely manner. It seems that most restaurants that I've frequented in the GR area are really busy at dinner time on Saturday nights!

Linda Wearn
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

I agree Linda, in many cases you have to chase all over to have dinner on Sat. and if anyone chooses fine dining they can go into the dining room anyway.............
capncinde

Post by capncinde »

Hello, good chance Beaver Island Club party will be listed in Grand Rapids Music Magazine, is that okay and who will be performing? Thank you
cj
Cynthia Johnson