Dish Network Receiver Upgrade

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Dish Network Receiver Upgrade

Post by Gillespie »

There is a Dish Network upgrade guy scheduling to come around the 26th or possibly sooner. If anyone needs a receiver upgrade he won't have to bring a vehicle. If you are looking for a Superdish or something like that he would bring one. Our main receiver is failing so we are upgrading to a unit that is 2 receivers in one (either a 522 or 625 depending on stock). There is an upgrade cost but there is no additional monthly cost for the second receiver! It does have recorder capability if you are interested in that. Please call Dish Network immediately if you want in on this. They take the order and then put it up on an electronic "board" and companies pick the orders off. This guy (Mike) from Traverse City will be watching for local orders. Any questions, their number is 877-875-1698 but your order still has to be place through Dish Network. Might be last chance this fall. Good Luck!
nancy

Dish come to island yet?

Post by nancy »

Did the Dish guy come to the island yet?? We need help with the LED on the Super Dish -- can't get the satellite that carries the channels other than the local channels.

We thought Mike was scheduled for Nov. 10th to come out here and fix our satellite - anybody else need Dish help?? It is certainly expensive if one family has to pay transportation.

Let me know!

Nancy Peterson
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Getting the major league runaround but Mike is doing his best. All the corporate crap as I see it. TDS apparently has gotten out of the DISH Network game so someone does have to come from the mainland it seems. I have called Mike probably 10 times, very frustrating. Somehow we will get service, you cannot really blame him, it is the higher ups. I am told by others the best thing you can do is keep bugging DISH Network.
nancy

Dish Service on Island Scheduled for November 10

Post by nancy »

We just talked to Mike (Dish Service in Traverse City) and there are currently 4 people with Dish work orders on the island. We are hoping all will agree to have the service now scheduled for November 10 and share the technician's ferry cost and 1 night in the motel since only one ferry per day. Any other folks wanting Dish service should contact Dish first to get on the ticket for November 10 and help us all reduce costs. There is little hope for any other method in the near future.