The Untimely Passing of my Mother, Tina Walker

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tina's Daughter

The Untimely Passing of my Mother, Tina Walker

Post by Tina's Daughter »

Hi there, this is Julie, Tina's Daughter. I just wanted to let the Islanders know that I am thinking of you...

I am overwhelmed by the kindness so many Islanders have extended to me and my family. I never knew just how many lives my mother touched until her passing. Thank You.

While this is a very sad time for me and for many others, she would want us to celebrate not only her life, but ALL LIFE... OUR LIVES! Life IS very sacred and meant to be lived Honestly and Sweetly. In the near future, we will be holding a Celebration in honor of Tina Walker... More details to come... In the mean time, I am well, her family is well, please enjoy and SHARE YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES!!!!
Julie Ann Maxon
Great Lakes Art Jewelry
Tina's Daughter

Post by Tina's Daughter »

My absolute favorite memories of my mother included playing at the beach at the Family Cottage on Torch Lake. It became even sweeter still when my daughter entered the picture and I got to see Mom play with Alyssa just as she had with me.
Julie Ann Maxon
Great Lakes Art Jewelry
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

Dear Julie and Family:
Your mother often shared fond stories about you. One of my favorites was the two of you driving around the island with your mother operating the car and you directing down the road. I'm not sure if you remember it but your biggest job was to be looking for the sheriff's car.
Your mother was a wonderful neighbor to the Zanella's and after John's passing and Ann's stroke, your mother was a constant care giver. She made many trips to Petoskey at her own expense to visit Ann and provide her comfort.
I miss her dearly. Anna
joddy

Post by joddy »

we would like to send love, to all of tina's family, from our family.
our hearts and prayers are with you.
love ~~~~ beth stryder saygan & joddy
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. She was a special person who brought many smiles and happiness to the lives she touched.

Jacque, Mark and Dan LaFreniere
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Cindy
Wendy White

Post by Wendy White »

Julie and Family of Tina Walker,
My condolences to all of you during this difficult time. I didn't know Tina very well; I only recently became better aquainted when she returned to Holy Cross Church. I have known Doug Tilly for a number of years, and was happy to see them enjoying their companionship. Your mother spent countless hours entertaining the island's children with her efforts in planning so many events surrounding the various holidays throughout the year. I was always impressed that she would go all out when she didn't even have young children of her own, which says alot. But I know that she enjoyed doing it, and seeing the smiling faces of the children was gratitude enough. She was a kind and gentle soul and will be sorely missed by those who knew and appreciated her. I am glad that you will be having a memorial service for her; keep us posted.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Julie,

Donna and I wish you our deepest condolences.

Jim and Donna Stambaugh
Jim

Post by Jim »

Julie,

I remember when you and you mom came into the my classroom during an early fall afternoon after school. You were new to the island and you both were exploring the new school that you would be attending the next day. You appeared a little apprehensive in a new setting, but your mom was smiling and eager to begin a new life on Beaver Island with you. She wrapped her arm around you shoulder and said" I'm her mom , but she's my best friend." And , you know what? She displayed that kind of positive enthusiasm and generosity throughout her time on Beaver Island.

Jim Stambaugh
sct

Post by sct »

My deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who knew and loved Tina. She was such a unique person and she touched many lives here...Hoping you find much comfort in your memories of her.
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Thanks for the kind words. It means so very much to me. If you wish to send a card of Sympathy to my grandmother, my uncles, or to myself, feel free to send it to Mom's Mailing address; I've had all of her mail forwarded to my home. I will see to it that they get where they belong.