TURN THE OTHER CHEEK

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

LisaG

TURN THE OTHER CHEEK

Post by LisaG »

Everyone can post their opinions on the forum. Some like to post their opinion and what is important to them. Some people like to post items that get them attention or to create contriversy. I say if your posting to express your opinion then good on you, if you are posting to stir up trouble then enjoy the type of attention you are getting. I stand by my statement and you can like it or not it is your choice. There is alot more to fight about and alot more to enjoy in this life! :P
Lisa Vance-Gillespie
Party Plan Girl

I AM POSTING TO HELP YOU SEE...

Post by Party Plan Girl »

The Duck & The Devil

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner.  As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck.  Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit  the duck square in the head and killed it.

He was shocked and grieved!  In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile; only to see his sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing. 

"After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's  wash the dishes."  But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, "I'm sorry, but I need Sally to help make supper." Sally just smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help."  She whispered again, "Remember the duck?"  So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help. 

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.  Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you, I forgave you.  I was just wondering how long you  would let Sally make a slave of you." 

Thought for the day and every day thereafter? 

Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done.  And the devil keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc.).  Whatever it is.....you need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing.  He has seen your whole life.  He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven.
He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you. 

The great thing about God is that when you ask 
for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets.  It is by God's grace and mercy that we are saved. 

Go ahead and make the difference in someone's life today. Share this with a friend and always 
remember:  God is at the window!

PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Love and Peace: Tina Walker
kanderson

Post by kanderson »

Really? Please stop trying to make up for your inadequacies in life by believing that you are the righteous one chosen by God to spread his word to the users of this forum. Not pushing anything on others? You do this by not only posting individual topics on here, but also by adding your own responses to other peoples postings. When you respond to someones post, as I am sure you know, you are alerted that a new posting has been made. I can't say this for everyone, but I am pretty sure if I had a posting, then a response...I would read it. I am happy that you have found your new journey in life to be the person posting repetitive religious sayings. Is this really about spreading God's word? Or, is it about showing yourself to the community as someone that wants to be heard, but is lashing out for not getting the personal credit that you think you deserve? In my last couple of sentences I am referring to the past posts of you complaining that people were talking poorly about you and your party planning events, as well as not accepting you. I am not sure why you feel it is necessary to post all of your posts? Are there not churches on the island or religious groups that meet and possibly go over this type of material that you could join? Signed: One Confused Person to Another - Kayla Anderson
Party Plan Girl

Kayla, I am not making any claims of any sort... YOU are making that claim about me. Is God and Jesus Christ in your life?

I am only challenging each person to look inside of themselves... Are you happy with who you are? Is your life pleasing to the Lord or are you only interested in pleasing yourself? The choice IS and has ALWAYS been up to you and YOU alone. Why are you taking your anger out on me?

These posts SHOULDN'T offend anyone... Especially if you are leading a good lifestyle that IS pleasing to God. Think about it... what are you really angry about... You do not have to look at any of these posts yet you do... Why is that? Realistically... no one should be bothered or insulted by anything I post... or anything anyone else posts, for that matter. We are all entitled to freedom of expression/speech. I don't understand how several of you are missing such basic points...

My intention is not to draw attention to myself but to God!!!!!

Love and peace to all and may God bless us.
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

Be open to the message of the Duck and the Devil. We have all been chosen by God (whoever we perceive Him or Her to be) , it just takes some of us longer to choose Him/Her.
A sharp tongue and embittered mind will never allow our heart to be open. Anna
kanderson

Post by kanderson »

"I am not making any claims of any sort... YOU are making that claim about me"

That is why most of my sentences ended in question marks and not periods.

"Is God and Jesus Christ in your life? "

That is not something I feel I have to answer to you.

"I am only challenging each person to look inside of themselves..."

I think we all as individuals already do this...remember to do this yourself.

"Are you happy with who you are?"

Of course I am, but I never stop believing that I can continue growing. Are you happy with who you are?

"Is your life pleasing to the Lord or are you only interested in pleasing yourself?"

That is the Lord's decision. I am interested in pleasing myself as well as the people I love and those I can help. How would you define leading a life that is pleasing to the Lord?

"The choice IS and has ALWAYS been up to you and YOU alone. Why are you taking your anger out on me?"

I am not angry. I am mostly intrigued and somewhat amused.

"These posts SHOULDN'T offend anyone... Especially if you are leading a good lifestyle that IS pleasing to God."

Okay. Maybe some are offended. I am not one of them. I do although question your opinion that those who would take offense do not lead a good lifestyle that is pleasing to God. I guess that is what opinions are for.

"Think about it... what are you really angry about... You do not have to look at any of these posts yet you do... Why is that?"

I actually usually just ignore them, but then decided to possibly read something worthwhile, but all I read was religious lines (mostly paragraphs) that you could find anywhere on the net. Also, I do believe that I did state in my earlier post that any responses you post to others threads (not yours) show up. Maybe I wanted to read what Lisa wrote. Yes, I chose to open it, but no, I did not intend to open up something where you had posted. Oh, and I am very opinionated and almost motherly like when it comes to my home and community of Beaver Island. Which, if I am not mistaken, is the general location and subject of this forum.

"Realistically... no one should be bothered or insulted by anything I post... or anything anyone else posts, for that matter. We are all entitled to freedom of expression/speech."

I agree....and I am also entitled to my freedom of expression and speech. It is more like technically, not realistically. Realistically, you already know that people are bothered by them from all of the responses....and I do love that you have your beliefs and stand your ground.

"I don't understand how several of you are missing such basic points..."

A keyword...several. Do you ever stop to wonder why "several" people are missing your "basic" points? It is not because of their closed minds or hearts. Look inside yourself and think. Are you actually reading and thinking about what other people post in response to your posts? How are you missing their basic points?

"My intention is not to draw attention to myself but to God!!!!!"

Well, I am sorry to say that you trying to draw attention to God, has mostly drawn attention to you. Not a very effective mode of communication if this was your intent....and I am pretty sure God has a lot of people's attention.

"Love and peace to all and may God bless us."

Ditto.
Party Plan Girl

kanderson, Thank you for sharing your feelings...

You: Please stop trying to make up for your inadequacies in life by believing that you are the righteous one chosen by God to spread his word to the users of this forum.
Me: "I am not making any claims of any sort... YOU are making that claim about me"
You: That is why most of my sentences ended in question marks and not periods.
Me: I see only judgement here and I do not see a question mark.

Me; "Is God and Jesus Christ in your life? "
You: That is not something I feel I have to answer to you.
Me:"I am only challenging each person to look inside of themselves..."
I never said that you had to answer to me.

Me: "I am only challenging each person to look inside of themselves..."
You: I think we all as individuals already do this...remember to do this yourself.
Me: Everyone should. I do this constantly...

Me: "Are you happy with who you are?"
You: Of course I am, but I never stop believing that I can continue growing.
Me: "I am only challenging each person to look inside of themselves..." I am not expecting you to answer to me, but thank you for your ability to share and have intelligent conversation.

You: "Are you happy with who you are?"
Me: Yes, and I totally agree with you... I never stop believing that I continue growing either.

Me: "Is your life pleasing to the Lord or are you only interested in pleasing yourself?"
You: That is the Lord's decision.
Me: Ultimately, the way you choose to live your life is your decision.
You: I am interested in pleasing myself as well as the people I love and those I can help. How would you define leading a life that is pleasing to the Lord?
Me: You just did define leading a life that is pleasing to the Lord.

Me: "The choice IS and has ALWAYS been up to you and YOU alone. Why are you taking your anger out on me?"
You: I am not angry. I am mostly intrigued and somewhat amused.
Me: That's good!

Me: "These posts SHOULDN'T offend anyone... Especially if you are leading a good lifestyle that IS pleasing to God."
You: Okay. Maybe some are offended. I am not one of them. I do although question your opinion that those who would take offense do not lead a good lifestyle that is pleasing to God. I guess that is what opinions are for.
Me : Excellent, you get this!

Me: "Think about it... what are you really angry about... You do not have to look at any of these posts yet you do... Why is that?"
You: I actually usually just ignore them, but then decided to possibly read something worthwhile, but all I read was religious lines (mostly paragraphs) that you could find anywhere on the net.
Me: Are you saying that the religious lines and paragraphs are not worthwhile reading? I guess that is what opinions are for...

You: Also, I do believe that I did state in my earlier post that any responses you post to others threads (not yours) show up. Maybe I wanted to read what Lisa wrote. Yes, I chose to open it, but no, I did not intend to open up something where you had posted.
Me: Are you saying that I do not have the right to post a reply after someone else has posted?

You: Oh, and I am very opinionated and almost motherly like when it comes to my home and community of Beaver Island. Which, if I am not mistaken, is the general location and subject of this forum.
Me : Excellent, I feel the same!

Praise God!!!!!

Love and peace to all who gather here.