IGNORE THE WILLFUL CHILD

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Campbell60tr34@aol.com

IGNORE THE WILLFUL CHILD

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

Don't scream at the willful child. Don't argue with the willful child. Don't pay attention to the willful child and they will go away.
Jim Campbell
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Sorry, I'm afraid that, that is not true... Peace be with you.

Praise God!!!!!
Last edited by Party Plan Girl on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Party Plan Girl

10 POINTS TO THE SOUTH

Post by Party Plan Girl »

One night the great American aircraft carrier, the USS Enterprise was steaming up into the English channel. In front of them they saw a flashing light that seemed to come from another ship dead ahead. The lieutenant on watch said to the signal officer. Make signal to that ship: 'We are on collision course. Suggest you alter course 10 points to the North.'

A few minutes later, the signal officer came back with the reply which said: "You are on collision course, suggest YOU alter course 10 points to the South."

The lieutenant showed it to the Captain, who ordered the reply:

"This is Captain Rodrigues of the US Navy. My ship has right of way in this channel. Suggest you alter course 10 points to the North."

And after a little while the answer came back:

"This is Able Seaman Jones of Her Majesty's British Navy. Your ship does not have right of way in this channel. Suggest you alter course 10 points to the South."

The Captain was infuriated and showed the note to the Admiral, who ordered the next message.

"This is Admiral James T. Kirk of the US aircraft carrier Enterprise. I demand right of way in this channel. Suggest you alter course 10 points to the North."

And a few moments later came the reply:

"This is the light-house on the Eddystone rock. I'm not moving. You can do what you want."

And the Enterprise altered course 10 points to the South.

Praise God!!!!!

Love and Peace: Tina Walker