Which beach is best on Beaver Island?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

vik

Post by vik »

Some really great responses so far.
I am glad to see that most of the beaches are unspolied and not developed. My wife and I are looking forward to some R&R this vacation, and your island seems to fit the bill.

Keep the responses coming.
vik

Post by vik »

Anybody know what sites 31,32, & 33 are?

From what I gather, this seems to be the general area of where we are staying.
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Site 31 is the Public Beach at Donegal Bay.

Not sure about #32 & #33. In fact after the wonderful fast response re: The peaine twnshp sites. I wonder if anyone can fill in the blanks on the St. James township sites?

Jim
Trish Scott

Beaches

Post by Trish Scott »

Thank you for the reference to the recreation map and the index. One comment. French Bay is difficult to locate. It is recommended that you go with someone that knows the area. We tried to find it on our own a few times and could not. It is not marked.
K Fallon

Best beaches on the island

Post by K Fallon »

:-) Get daring the beaverhead lighthouse area is the most scenic place to swim....Why does everyone always want a sugarsand beach???? Do not forget to poor in some lime in the outhouse when using the outhouse......Best of luck...

Beaches

Post by guest »

The best beach on the Island depends on what the day is like. If the wind is from the west the east side beaches or the Iron Ore beach might be best. But, if you like to play in the waves Donegal Bay beach is hard to beat. If your in town the public beach is nice. Iron Ore beach is always fun but it takes some organization to go there, you've got to take you own treats and drinks.