Animal Fund Fund-Raiser

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

cindyr

Animal Fund Fund-Raiser

Post by cindyr »

The Beaver Island Animal Fund is planning (Thanks to Erin Boyle, who came up with the idea!) a contest to help raise money for the good work that we do.
The contest will - naturally - involve island pets. There will be several categories and a winner in each category. The winners will be determined by popular vote. Each cent donated in that animal's name will count as one vote. We hope to have all entries in and "ballot boxes" in place around the island before St. Patrick's weekend.
First, however, we have to come up with categories, so that we can get registration taken care of. Some ideas we have tossed around are: Cutest; Most Unusual; Most Easily Recognized; Homeliest. I'd love to hear your ideas. In which category would your pet take first place?
Cindy
Tuneman

Animal Fund Fund Raiser.

Post by Tuneman »

We don't have any pets any more to put into the fund raiser contest, but I always thought that the pet that looks most like it's owner was a good catagory to have in a contest as many of you know that some of the pets that we have had have resembled the owners looks and that was a scarry thought. To have our pets look like us. (lol!)
Good Luck with your contest, and we hope you raise a lot of money and have fun with it.

Mike & Sharon Hurkmans.
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Great idea, Mike! Thanks for the input!
Cindy
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

"Toughest" was suggested to me.
Cindy
Angel Welke

Post by Angel Welke »

Shortest. Tallest. Most wild (I submit Clem Welke's name in that category). Most times run away (a couple of Beagles come to mind).
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

Hey, Cindy...I bet my Buster would win the 'toughest'!
Lois Sowa Stipp
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Animal Fund Raiser

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

Jacky Mouse and Snappy Jaws: Owner and Pet look-a- likes.
Jim Campbell
jon bouck

Pet photo contest...

Post by jon bouck »

How 'bout pets on Beaver Island (visiting and resident) photo contest . . .I have a great action photo of my germain shorthair diving off the bouthouse dock,,,
Beaver Island Royal Watercolor Society
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

"Best Diver?"
There are some great ideas here, thanks! We'll be starting registration very soon.
Of course we will accept photos you have taken of your pet for their ballot box, and your own write-up of why they deserve the most votes...but we'd be happy to help with that, too. Erin Boyle has agreed to photograph pets for the contest, and we can assist in the "campaign" in any way possible.
We're arranging for some nice prizes for the winner in each category, as well as bragging rights for the owners!
Cindy
Deborah452

Post by Deborah452 »

Oldest? I think Maynard might be a shoe-in.
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

I bet! Clem for "wildest", Buster for "toughest" and Maynard for "oldest"! Snappy Jaws is a definite candidate for looking like his owner; Sarge and Ella are two good competitors for "most recognized". My dogs are definitely on the list for "cutest"!
We're hoping for six pets competing in each category. The registration fees($5.00 to get your pet involved) will cover the prizes to the winners; the "votes" are the dollars and cents placed in each pets ballot box...that will go to the Animal Fund. So, we are hoping to get a healthy, friendly competition going, in every category, to result in lots of money raised to help our animals.
Cindy