Parking at the Charlevoix Airport

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BobTidmore

Parking at the Charlevoix Airport

Post by BobTidmore »

I understand that the city airport yearly permits do not expire until 3/31/12? I heard that the city changed the structure so no one needs to purchase the yearly now - not until March / April.

If yours is coming due in this time frame you may want to call them to verify this.

Bob Tidmore
taraandchuck

Post by taraandchuck »

This is correct information Bob. And I might add, when it comes time to renew your permit, you should consider the services of Mainland Parking. This is a newer business to the area run by Dean Spencley and Danny Drost. Both fellas have a history with the island and run other successful businesses here in Charlevoix. They are located just a 1/4 mile south of the Charlevoix Airport. Its a convenient location whether travelling by plane or boat.
I received this message from Dean today regarding the services they'll be providing:
Drop off of the customer, starting and warming or cooling of the car before the customer arrives. Safety checks..(tire, fluid, battery). Snow removal around and on the car before the customer arrives. Security.

Our premium rates include one hand wash and interior detail per year, sunscreen in all windshields, air freshener and all of the above.

Our additional services are car and boat details, pick up and delivery of goods needed on the island. Scheduling drop offs of offsite services where work needs to get done on vehicles. 24 hour emergency customer contacts.

I believe the rates are the same as the City rates, but the services are much more impressive.

Here are the contact numbers:
Danny Drost: 231-675-7070
Dean Spencley:231-675-2717