Thank You to USCG

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Joe Moore

Thank You to USCG

Post by Joe Moore »

We have had two unfortunate incidents in the last three days on the Island. All Islanders, here and off-Island, should take the time to thank the USCG Air Station in Traverse City for their prompt and professional response twice in the last three days--Sunday through Tuesday. The incidents included a man who fell overboard who was located by the USCG helicopter crew and a man who was having difficulty breathing who was medivac'd between thunderstorms early Wednesday morning. Beaver Islanders should be very thankful for these services being available from the USCG Air Station in Traverse City. As a volunteer paramedic, I can't express my feelings of relief, thanks and wonder as these crew members provided these absolutely necessary services to Beaver Island. We are so lucky to have them available to come here when they are needed!

Joe Moore
Joy Green

Response to Joe Moore

Post by Joy Green »

Many times we take our Service people for granted and don't let them know how much they are appreciated. I am also referring to our local people. Hats off to all of you.
caram

Post by caram »

I agree - many thanks to the USCG but also our very fine emergency crews and volunteers on the island. I know of many situations where people on the island were attended to and even made it across faster than many situations in big metropolitan areas. It really is amazing!

Post by Guest »

"Guardians of the Great Lakes" Keep up the good workImage