The Christian's Guide To Getting Rid Of Your Minister

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

spiritualquest

The Christian's Guide To Getting Rid Of Your Minister

Post by spiritualquest »

Book is finished! Available here for $5. A real bargain.

http://www.fiverr.com/users/spirit/gigs ... r-minister

Currently, it is in a PDF format that can be read by any computer or portable device. Friesen Press wants to print it, but that will take a bit of money to do so ($1400). Once it gets printed, then you will find it in your local book store soon. Then it will be listed on Apple for $9.99. Get it while the price is low!

I am working on my second book, "The Church and Minister's Guide To Living Together." Keep me in your prayers as I work through this other project!

Added: I tried to add a link to my book cover. I hope this works. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 1850708369
Kathy Speck

Post by Kathy Speck »

You have not posted anything since late November, Thanksgiving in fact. Not a word about good wishes to those performing in the Christmas Cantata that you were originally a part of; not a word wishing anyone here a Merry Christmas; no special words about a blessed Christmas to everyone here on the Island - nothing. Yet here you are pushing your latest book - it seems obvious to me (and probably others) that the only reason you came here was to write your books. I know I will probably catch some grief about this post, but I am speaking from my own beliefs.
spiritualquest

No grief included

Post by spiritualquest »

I did not come to Beaver Island to write my book, but I am glad you brought that up.

I have not been posting because I have been so busy working. I had to get a job. I have been working about 70 hours a week. I go to work at 6:30 and I get home about 9-just enough time for me to crawl into bed and go to sleep. It has not given me much time to keep track of what is happening on BI. I did not even have a break this holiday season.

I have been in contact with other people on the island, and I have given my greetings to them. I just have not posted it to the forum.

I posted to the forum about my book because there are a lot of people who were interested in my book and wondered when it was coming out. Instead of trying to contact everyone privately, I posted it here.
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

A wolf in sheeps clothing comes to mind!
Father Zachary

Post by Father Zachary »

Only God truly knows what is in one's heart. Let peace and good deeds fill your heart and not the harsh judgements of others.
Peace in the New Year, Zachary
spiritualquest

Thank you

Post by spiritualquest »

Father Zachary wrote:Only God truly knows what is in one's heart. Let peace and good deeds fill your heart and not the harsh judgements of others.
Peace in the New Year, Zachary
Thank you so much for your kind words.

However, I take some responsibility. I did not realize that my absence from the forum during the month of December, and then my sudden announcement about my book, would illicit the impression that I did not care about the events going on at Beaver Island or the people. I sincerely apologize if I gave that impression. As sometimes happens, I often get caught up in the business of my own life and, unintentionally, neglect other parts. I shall endeavor to be more sensitive.

I did think it was over the top to call me a "wolf in sheep's clothing." Those that know me know that I would never use the church for my own personal gain at the expense of others. But Sheri, if I gave you that impression, then I am truly sorry.

Blessings,
Ed
Last edited by spiritualquest on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat Simmons

Post by Pat Simmons »

spiritualquest is on a marketing quest, looks like ?
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Oh Kathy , you should take some grief....
for if you had not responded to the anouncement, perhaps it would have suffered a slow death by simply ignoring.
Now look and see what you have done. :D
In the future, just remember
old King Solomon's rule of thumb....

" ....And this too, shall pass"
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Corgratulations on your first book Ed! I hope it is a great success as you try and provide for your family. Wishing you and yours a wonderful new year filled with good health and happiness!

Blessings,
Tina
Bob

Post by Bob »

I'm new to the Forum and really like it as a communication tool but not sure I understand the rules. Why can some like the Chamber solicit members at $150 and others market everything from pizza to themselves but a minister can not announce an advance copy of his for $5.55 without being attacked. Are you first required to give some form of a seasonal greeting or say, "mother, may I?" before posting?
I have only been there once but it can't be a friendly place if people publically attack the minister and call him inappropriate names.
Just my opinion and observation.
megsing3

Post by megsing3 »

Bob,

It is likely that only the people involved know the whole story, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The Island can certainly be quite a friendly place, a community web forum will only capture a fraction of the happenings that occur.

Here are the "rules" of the forum - This forum is hosted on our server, but the topics and posts do not necessarily express our views. The point of this forum is to allow everyone to post their thoughts and ideas, talk about Beaver Island and all things related, and have a place to chat with other Beaver Island folks. We do not moderate posts based on whether we agree or disagree with a particular topic. Everyone is invited and encouraged to post. The only rules are:
1.) Please be kind and considerate, and keep the forum constructive.
2.) Please include your name with your post. We value everyone's right to express their views, but in cases where someone else may be negatively impacted by a post or where the lack of a name causes confusion, anonymous posts may be deleted.
3.) Please keep the forum clean and appropriate for any age. Posts intended to offend others will be deleted.

And a person not involved is likely not in the best position to judge for others what is or is not constructive or considerate - keeping in mind that their thoughts and feelings may not have been at stake from the get-go. Hopefully most community members across the country would agree.

Thanks!
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Megan and Bob are certainly both very correct.
I, for one, apoligize for my snarky comments, as I do not know the former minister other than his postings here on the forum.
He has the right, like all of us, to say or promote whatever he wants.

Watching from a far, mostly I grin at island drama, and knowing most of the folks here on the forum for decades, think I have a right to throw in my two cents (or less) worth.
I forgot that there were some serious emotional issues behind these particular postings and will respect the folks involved feelings....

on the other hand, anything that RICHIE guy says is open to an acute critique :D
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Kathy Speck

Post by Kathy Speck »

I, too, apologize for starting this whole thing - John was right that I should take some grief over this! I will learn to control my tongue in the future and practice more patience. I did notice that everyone posting so far - we know who they are - except for â??Bobâ?￾ who did not give us his real name (first time to the forum?). Again, I apologize and will not be posting on this subject again.